Iron and steel industry manages asset performance and inspection with Noctua.AI™
Asset failures are the leading cause of unplanned outages in process industries and can cost ten times more than a planned downtime. Zero unplanned downtime is increasingly becoming a priority for organizations. Identifying defects before time and taking preemptive measures is critical to increasing asset lifetime and reducing outages.Manual inspections and analysis of asset performance are time-consuming, and there is a need for autonomous, real-time assessment using digital solutions.
The maintenance team at one of the prominent Steel production facilities wanted to completely automate the reliability of their civil structure and chimneys via digital platforms and robotics. They could not predict degradations or track assets end-to-end and wanted to automate visual, thermal, and thickness-based inspection for their assets.
Detect Technologies stepped in.
At Detect Technologies, we are building the future of industrial processes and accelerating the path towards digital transformation. After understanding the needs of the Steel production enterprise, we understood their workflows, unified their data, and completely automated their inspection processes with Noctua.AI™. We took a step further and automated UAV-based thickness data acquisition with Noctua-DAX™ and our patented APIS technology.
An amalgamation of patented hardware and sophisticated numeric models, Noctua.AI™, leveraged AI algorithms to mine out information on asset degradation and optimize maintenance activities. With Noctua.AI™, reliability engineers or asset managers at this steel facility could
- Make sense of unstructured data. Noctua.AI™ aggregates visual, thickness, and thermal data acquired from multiple sources.
- Analyze all the data to pinpoint areas that need further assessment
- Track maintenance items up to the component level
- Identify anomalies and deviations proactively
- Share relevant information with experts who can populate recommendations and provide guidance for rapid and safe repairs
- Take corrective measures for improved asset availability and production yield
- Implement change management policies and track progress in real-time
- Take actions related to each component of the asset
- Notify maintenance engineers about upcoming or delayed tasks on a centralized platform
Real-time asset performance management with Noctua.AI
Over 500 civil structures and 100+ chimneys were selected to be managed. Noctua.AI™ aggregates and extracts intelligence from asset monitoring data sources effortlessly and provides a centralized asset performance management platform that converts recommendations to an intelligent maintenance plan.
The client could manage the health of their complete plant on a single unified dashboard. They experienced a 200% increase in data retention and references. From inspecting an asset weekly, they could now inspect 5 assets daily and make quick decisions. Within six months of implementation, the client identified 300+ critical observations with Noctua.AI. They conducted more than 150 maintenance activities and saw a 2X increase in decision-making.
Noctua.AI™, combined with APIS and Noctua DAX™, played a significant part in improving client’s asset availability and production yield.
Reduce downtime with end-to-end asset performance management
Manage your entire plant, asset, and asset component health on a single unified dashboard and maximize efficiency and safety.