The Procurement Manager oversees the Supply Chain team leading efficiency and integrity of the processes for procurement of goods and services, logistics, custom clearance a7 Supplier management cell.
The Senior Procurement Manager ensures the received goods, services, at the best possible price when aspects such as quality, quantity, time, and location are compared.
- Source Potential Suppliers for Energy Projects, Expand existing supplier base. Procurement of Materials for Project needs
- Review and Negotiate Non-Disclosure agreements and general agreement with the vendors
- Obtain Quotes from the vendor to provide costing for projects.
- Prepare QCS, Approval Note for management.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best purchase in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery and services.
- Develop Favourable Supply / Purchase agreements with the suppliers
- Interface with suppliers on specifications and drawings for fabrication/equipment parts/components.
- Ensure end to end procurement activities such as Sourcing, RFQ, Bid Evaluations , PO Issuance, shipment coordination, delivery of orders, site goods receipt, document filing , record keep and payment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Supplier management cell: Supplier registration, supplier performance evaluation, supplier database management, coordination for supplier meeting/ visit, Supplier collaboration, Supplier onboarding, Supplier relationship management, Supplier lifecycle management, Supplier information management.
- Work with project Managers and engineering teams to establish and complete project orders.
- Understand each project orders technical and commercial inspection requirements.
- Build processes to ensure track jobs and implement good practices to ensure systemic improvement.
- Ensure all finished goods, quality documents, shipping documents and materials are prepared. Subsequently to update and maintain the records in project shared drives.
- Facilitate discussions with supplier for technical parts / quality issues along with Engineering Team.
- Follow up on complaints on product quality, coordinate and resolve parts quality problems encountered with Engineering and Suppliers.
- Manage and coordinate shipment arrangement with Freight forwarders, transporters for import / exports.
- Qualify suppliers once suppliers are selected in order to add suppliers into the approved vendor list.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Educational Qualification - B.E./B. Tech (any) or MBA (SCM)
- Relevant Exp. - 8-10 years.
- Material Management/ SCM/ MBA: Desired
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Formulating the strategy for service procurement in line with defined SLA.
- Maintains high levels of accuracy in results in own discipline without compromising the laid down processes and standards.
- Update self and understands the developments in the discipline and analyse the likely impact in own role within the business.
- Learns and applies developments in own discipline in order to sustain best practices/systems
- Work with a world-class team who are making history with technology and changing the face of industrial productivity.
- Quickly identifies problems, its most likely causes, selects the best option and implements the solution.
- Displays good interpersonal skills and gets along well with people, from within the function and across functions.
- Willing to speak out on issues, even when the view is unpopular.
- Values opinions, feedback, advice of team members and responds well to constructive criticism/appreciation